All clauses of the Terms and Conditions page of the Website also apply to these Terms, including Definitions for interpretation.
- Big Top Events is committed to protecting the privacy of Website users and will ensure that your Personal Information is processed in accordance with Australia’s relevant Commonwealth and State Privacy Acts.
- In general, you can access the Website without identifying who you are or revealing any Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information it may prevent you from engaging in certain Website related activities and impact the level of service We can provide.
- The Website has earned McAfee SECURE™ certification. Your connection to the Website is secured with a valid and trusted SSL server certificate, so all resources are served securely. Personal Information you provide via the Website is transmitted securely with industry-standard security protocols.
- You should be safe to provide Personal Information. This is not a Phishing site, and We do not have any Malware or Malicious Links on the Website. We use leading security software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against hackers, bots, unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems. Automated daily scans are enabled to ensure the Website is free from malware and harmful code.
- Note that there can be no absolute guarantee that any information carried over the Internet is secure as information and data transmitted may be intercepted by third parties, lost, redirected, corrupted and changed. However, once received, We use reasonable security measures to guard against any unauthorised access to or disclosure of Personal Information.
- Like most website operators, We collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the Website.
- We also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and those leaving comments on the Website. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that We use and disclose personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the Website.
Third Party Websites
- Parts of the Website may contain hyperlinks, banner or panel advertising or icons which upon clicking enable a direct link to a third party website. If you use these you will leave the Website and you will be responsible for this action.
- Where you access third party websites you may be required by the relevant third party to provide Personal Information. Big Top Events has no involvement with and will not be liable or responsible for such data collection and with respect to security, you should check with the relevant third party to whom you provide Personal Information as to whether an encrypted and secure transmission method will be employed to protect such Personal Information. The privacy policies of each website that you access via hyperlink from the Website will govern the privacy practice of that website, and you are encouraged to read such privacy policies immediately upon access thereto.
Gathering and Use of Personal Information
Certain visitors to the Website choose to interact with Big Top Events in ways that require us to gather Personal Information. In each case, Big Top Events collects such information only insofar as is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the Website. Also, if We cannot collect Personal Information, this could impact the level of service We can provide.
We collect your Personal Information when you:
- Make a purchase
- Participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign
- Indicate that you wish to receive, or when you sign up to, newsletters, offers or other marketing materials
- Make an enquiry.
The amount and type of Personal Information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction, but may include:
- Your name and address
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your e-mail address
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Transaction details relating to purchases
- Credit card details, if you make a purchase or save payment details for future purchases
- Any preferences you select
- Any other personal information which may be required to facilitate dealings with us.
Generally, Personal Information is used for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for another closely related secondary purpose. You agree to and authorise Big Top Events to use Personal Information you provide. Such use may include:
- To process and fulfil orders and other transactions
- To contact you in relation to an order or transaction, or respond to your enquiry
- Updates and newsletters, offers or other marketing materials
- Managing your account
- To promote products and services and the products and services of third parties We deal with
- For operational purposes to third party operators, promoters, contractors and service providers
- For surveys and research and development purposes
- To facilitate competitions, special offers and promotions that We or our partners run
- Displaying content and advertising customised to your interests, preferences and experiences
- Verifying your identity
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- Todo Travel group companies, business units and their contractors, and those that may in future become part of the Todo Travel group or in which Todo Travel may have an interest.
Storage and Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
- Personal Information may be held electronically or in printed format, or a combination of both. We protect Personal Information collected electronically in secure online databases stored by our third party data storage provider in a data centre located in Sydney, Australia.
- We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information and it is only disclosed to those employees, contractors, partners and affiliated organisations that need to know that information in order to process it or to provide services you request. You consent to the transfer of such Personal Information.
- To protect Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; We require employees, contractors, partners and affiliated organisations (as a condition of engagement) to treat it as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality at all times. Access to Personal Information is provided to specific users and protected by frequently changed passwords.
- Big Top Events will not rent or sell Personal Information to anyone and will only disclose it where We are required to do so by law, if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or if you have consented to the disclosure.
Updating Personal Data
- If Personal Information which Big Top Events holds about you is inaccurate in any way, where appropriate, you may have the data completed, rectified, amended and/or deleted. You should contact our Privacy Officer to update any Personal Information or to request access to it.
- If you do not want us to disclose Personal Information to other organisations at any time please contact our Privacy Officer.
Version#1. Published: 31st January 2017